Thursday, January 16, 2014

Edible Snowmen...The Perfect Snow Day Snack!

As I have been writing about (again, and again...sorry!) it is cold here right now.  I think it is cold everywhere though, right??  In any case, we have been trying to make the best of the chilly temperatures by heading outdoors and even  having some snow themed snacks.  The other day we make Edible Snowmen and they were a big hit. They are easy, fun to make and a sweet little pick me up for when winter has you down. 

Here is what you need....

Skewers
Round, Mini Powdered Donuts
Candy for Buttons (we used peanut M&M's)
Black tube frosting
Gummy or Jelly Candy for Nose (I used orange slices)

How to Do it....

Put three powdered donuts on skewers to make the form of a snowman.  Dab frosting(this is your glue!) on each of the donut middles.  Put candy for buttons  in the bottom two donuts. In the top put in your nose.  Use black frosting to make eyes and mouth. 


Easy, right?  It was and it earned me mega mom points!  These would be fun for a winter party too.  Will you make these with your kiddos?  Let me know how they turn out!


Pin It

3 comments:

Sarah Frederick said...

My son made these at preschool last month. He talked about them ALL day haha Super cute :)

momo said...

(Edible Snowmen...The Perfect Snow Day Snack!) These are really nice little treats to make for the kid's. I bet they would have fun even helping to make them.

tanya holland said...

These are so cute. My two girls would love to make these.